Competition Rules & Info 2019
1. All Anglers must complete an Entry Form. Click here to get the form
Personal information will only be used for contact and statistical reasons.
2a. Entry is by $5.00 Donation per Fish each time a fish is presented onsite for weighing.
2b. Weekly Registration (at Weigh-In Station) of $25.00 for Adults. This entry fee allows the Adult Angler to weigh-in one fish per species per day throughout a seven (7) day period (Maximum of 28 fish permitted) from date of registration.
2c. Junior Entry Fee of $20.00 (at Weigh-In Station) allows a maximum of 28 fish of any species throughout a seven (7) period from date of registration to be weighed in.
3. Weigh-ins to be conducted daily between 8:30am- 7:30pm on the Deck outside the Bar Area located at Fraser Island Retreat. No late entries will be accepted.
4. All Fish presented for Weigh-in MUST be cleaned (GUTTED) and in “fresh” condition. Any fish considered to have been frozen will be deemed ineligible.
5. Four categories are included in the Adult Section of the 2019 Weigh-In, these being Tailor, Whiting, Dart, or “Other Species”. Junior Section is a combination of any Species.
6. All anglers taking part in the “Weigh-In” shall observe QLD Fisheries Regulations governing fish sizes and bag limits.
7. Fish presented for the Weigh-In must be caught on rod and reel or hand-line NO NETS OR SPEARED FISH.
8. In the interest of “fair play” the 6th Annual Fraser Island Tailor Season Weigh-In” is not open to Commercial or Professional Fisher persons.
9. The Organisers and Sponsors accept no liability for any injury or damage to any person or persons in the course of taking part in “The 6th Annual Fraser Island Tailor Season Weigh-In 2019”
10. Any angler taking part in the “Weigh-In” not complying with any of the “Rules and Regulations” will be considered ineligible for any prize.
11. Nine Weekly Prize Draws for each Adult category will be drawn from a Barrel each Friday Night commencing 9th August 2019 after that week’s final weigh-in. Junior Section will be a single weekly draw each week covering any Species. Winners must be present for the Friday Night Weekly Draws to claim their prize.
12. All Entries received will be eligible for Major Prize Draw on final day of Weigh-in (4th October 2019) A Major Prize Draw will be held for all Junior Entries
All prizes awarded throughout the “Weigh-In” are given in good faith and are subject to manufacturers or suppliers conditions. The Fraser Island Retreat and any of its Staff cannot be held liable.
ALL MONIES RAISED THROUGHOUT THIS EVENT INCLUDING RAFFLES ARE TO BE DISTRIBUTED SOLEY TO THE RACQ LIFEFLIGHT RESCUE HELICOPTER RESCUE SERVICE REGISTERED CHARITY NUMBER 1179